Savoury Salmon Fritta
- 4 tsp margarine
- 3 cartons Puregg liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk 50 mL
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon peel 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper 2 mL
- 4 frozen salmon fillets in a light dill sauce, thawed 4
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions 50 mL
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg or other white cheese 250 mL
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a 13 x 9-in (3 L) baking dish
with 1 tsp (5 mL) margarine.
- Whisk eggs with remaining margarine, milk, lemon peel, salt, pepper and
the sauce from the salmon.
- Cut the salmon into chunks and scatter evenly in the prepared dish.
Sprinkle evenly with onions. Pour egg mixture over salmon and onions.
Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in the
centre and golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.