The Perfect Pavlova
The top tip for starting your Pavlova off
- Ensure your bowl is clean – not a drop of moisture otherwise the whites won’t whip!
- Give it a light wipe down with vinegar before you get started.
- 5 Puregg egg whites
- 250 grams pure icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and prepare a baking tray by placing baking paper on it
- Using an electric mixer, beat the Puregg egg whites on a medium setting until soft peaks form.
- Once soft peaks appear, add the sugar all at once and beat the mixture fora minute and dont stop whipping!
- Once you see the mix change texture from loose, soft peaks to a more glossy, meringue-style mixture turn it up to high until all sugar has dissolved.
- Slow the machine to a lesser speed you can then add the vinegar and let the beaters make a couple rotations then stop beating and remove.
- Sprinkle the cornflour over the mixture and using a clean spatula gently fold in the cornflour.
- Spoon the mix on to the prepared tray and mould it into shape. Don’t overplay with the mixture – the quicker the better at this point!
- Place your tray in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 120 degrees and turn off your fan.
- Cook for 80 minutes or so (depending on your oven) but don’t let the pavlova change colour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before placing your favorite toppings!