- 1 2/3 cup (flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup(200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(115g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 60ml puregg liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup(60g) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup(180ml) almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, use electric mixer or whisk to beat the egg white until foamy (30-40 seconds with mixer).
- Add sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, salt, cayenne (if using), vanilla and water; mix until well combined (15-20 seconds with mixer).
- Stir in pecans until all are well coated with the mixture.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread out nuts into a single layer.
- Bake for a total of 40 minutes; removing pan after 20 minutes, flipping nuts over with a spatula and rearranging pecans into a single layer before returning to oven for last 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, break apart, and transfer to airtight container;
- Store at room temperature.