Spiced Candy Nuts
- 60ml Puregg liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups nuts of your choice, we have used Pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, use electric mixer or whisk to beat the egg white until foamy (30-40 seconds with mixer).
- Add sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, salt, cayenne (if using), vanilla and water; mix until well combined (15-20 seconds with mixer).
- Stir in pecans until all are well coated with the mixture.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread out nuts into a single layer.
- Bake for a total of 40 minutes; removing pan after 20 minutes, flipping nuts over with a spatula and rearranging pecans into a single layer before returning to oven for last 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, break apart, and transfer to airtight container;
- Store at room temperature.