Egg White Muffins
- 2 cups Puregg liquid egg whites
- 1 cup spinach leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease nonstick muffin pan with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, add egg whites, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, 2/3 of the cheese, scallions, salt and pepper. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Using a 1/3 cup, scoop out batter and pour into muffin cavities. You should have enough batter and ingredients to make 10 muffins. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the surface of the muffins.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until muffins have puffed up and egg whites are completely cooked. Muffins will sink back down as they cool.
- Muffins are best eaten warm. They can be stored in the fridge or freezer.