Choconuts Meringue Drops
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup PUREGG Simply Egg Whites liquid egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- pinch salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax or parchment paper. In small bowl, mix
coconut, flour, cocoa and 1/3 cup sugar; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat liquid egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff, shiny
peaks form. Gently fold in coconut mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheets. Bake at 160°C for 25-30 minutes or until surface is very firm. Cool completely on parchment paper then
peel off and store in airtight container.